On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 04:59:18PM -0500, David S. Cargo wrote:
> Anybody out there running VMWare or Win4Lin?  I'm interested in
> continuing to have access to Windows applications on my
> not-yet-acquired Linux box.  It would be nice not to need to use
> dual boot.  That means the Windows application has to be able to
> network and to print.

At the place I worked for in Denmark (last two years) we used vmware for
running both extra test machines of our software in Linux and since we
were forced to run Lotus Notes we had a Win98 vmware too. It worked very
satisfactory, all you need is enough memory and that is pretty cheap
today. We used networked printers and that wasn't a problem at all, if
you need direct access to the printers there might be some issues, but
we had no problems with vmware at all!

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer>