Quoting Jack Ungerleider (jack at jacku.com):
> I find Zope a lot easier to use, once you get your head wrapped around it.
> This is getting easier to do as new tools, like the CMF, which I haven't
> played with extensivly, are added.  I tried using Enhydra but since I'm more
> of a python programmer than a Java coder I had trouble wrapping my brain
> around Enhydra.

> > Has anybody on this list had a chance to develop with Zope?  If so, can
> > somebody comment on their experience with it, as opposed to other web
> > application environments such as PHP or JSP containers?
> >
> > Tom Veldhouse
> > veldy at veldy.net

I have been programming almost exclusively in Enhydra since last summer. I
actually have a benefits of Enhydra whitepaper, I'll put it online late next
week. It's written, for, well suits. Since most of our clients have suits that
sign the checks.

Anyways....

First, my concessions to Amy. Scripting languages like PHP are much faster in
the development cycle. They are scripting languages after all. :-)

I have found that scripting languages are easier in the design phase as well.
You kind of get the mentality of 1 page, 1 php "program". I don't see much code
re-use in PHP.

We have PHP to scale well too. With a little thought there is not a real
difference between PHP and Enhydra on performance.

For most sites, PHP works great.

Why I prefer Enhydra is the complete seperation between presentation and
business/data logic.

Because we work with a lot of clients who want to do the html/graphics in-house
or have a graphic artist firm do the presentation, Enhydra really shines. More
details on this in the whitepaper.

Hmmm. After reading this, I think the whitepaper would do a better job of
explaining it all. :-)

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500