I'll chime in. I haven't done a lot of development in any of the environments
but have tinkered extensivly with Zope and PHP and perl CGI.

I find Zope a lot easier to use, once you get your head wrapped around it.
This is getting easier to do as new tools, like the CMF, which I haven't
played with extensivly, are added.  I tried using Enhydra but since I'm more
of a python programmer than a Java coder I had trouble wrapping my brain
around Enhydra.

Compared to PHP, DTML (Zope's internal template language) is similar to PHP
but les complete. That's in part due to the fact that Zope "modularizes"
certain functions. Instead of having database commands in DTML it has DB
adapters that allow you to create a link object in the Zope Object DB that
hooks to your external DB (I've used PostgreSQL). Against these you can
create SQL query objects (ZSQL methods). These objects then "publish" the
results of a query as a python dictionary object (I think that's right). This
can be used as a variable in other DTML code. Come see Tim's presentation it
will explain this better I'm sure. ;-)

I've tried a bunch of things and I keep coming back to Zope. Part of it is
python. I really like the language. Right now I'm experimenting with Zope,
WebDAV, and a couple of tools one publishes PDFs with python, the other
allows you to store MS Word docs as Zope objects and render them as HTML on
the fly.

Sorry for rambling long on this one.
Jack