Mediaone runs constant portscans on 2 of my friends cable connections to
make sure they are not running servers.  If they catch you, they warn you
once, if they catch you again, they disconnect you for good.

I've heard that roadrunner is the same way.  Although, you could probably
set up a linux firewall, watch the logs to see where they are portscanning
you from, and then deny all packets from the ip/network that they scan you
from and start up your webserver once you have them blocked out.

Jay

<http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer>