On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 01:27:56PM -0500, David S. Cargo wrote:
> Interesting; I do have the Cisco 678 and the installation instructions
> for Windows talk about how it does PPPoE.  Apparently the 687 stores
> username and password internally; somehow it has to be configured with
> those BEFORE the Linux traffic will flow to the ISP.  Do you know how
> to set up the Cisco 678 with that info from Linux?

  You use Minicom to talk to the modem over a serial line (they include the
cable you need, and so will I if anyone takes me up on my offer!) and you
just tell it your username and passwod. It remembers them after that and
you never have to put them in again.

> Or should I set it up from Windows (I've got a dual boot system), and
> then just use it from Linux?

  Use Winders if you call tech support, since the people who work there
will soil themselves if you say anything other than "Windows" or "Mac". Of
course, you can usually "translate" what they tell you do in Windows to
Linux commands.

  Dan

--
  lemon   |                     Dan Drake