> On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, David S. Cargo wrote:
> > I'm getting DSL service from Qwest, and have encountered PPPoE for
> > the first time.  I had seen the letters flowing around, but never
> > paid much attention to them.
> >
> > Anybody got sage words about how you connect your Linux boxes to
> > DSL using PPPoE?
>
> Just buy the Cisco 678; then you'll have an ethernet port you can just..
> use.  :)
>
> --
> Nate Carlson <natecars at real-time.com>   | Phone : (952)943-8700
> http://www.real-time.com                | Fax   : (952)943-8500

Interesting; I do have the Cisco 678 and the installation instructions
for Windows talk about how it does PPPoE.  Apparently the 687 stores
username and password internally; somehow it has to be configured with
those BEFORE the Linux traffic will flow to the ISP.  Do you know how
to set up the Cisco 678 with that info from Linux?

Or should I set it up from Windows (I've got a dual boot system), and
then just use it from Linux?

dsc