I can ssh to another box on the
> > internet without fail. Is this a forwarding issue?
>
> Given that ping and telnet both behave as expected, I'm inclined to
> suspect either DNS (ssh likes to do reverse name lookups to be sure
> of who it's talking to) or entropy (if you're connecting to a box
> that doesn't get used much, it can take a while to gather enough
> entropy to come up with a sufficiently-random session key).
>
> > The second question is how does one transfer files via ssh? Will ftp run
> > inside of an ssh session?
>
> scp and/or sftp.

I have a feeling it is a forwarding issues some sort. Here is why:
I have simular setups in two locations with simular activity. I solved the
issued at location home by changing my nic to address settings. I apparently
had my network set up dyslexic style. I suspect the same will work at
location work.
Entropy is probably not the reason--Even tho I just changed the address, I
have used it quite a bit.
I don't know why DNS would care if I am giving quad notation addresses?
Anyway, I really have to go to the beach now.
--
SpencerUnderground
deltree c:\windows /y