Hi,

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Bob Tanner wrote:

> Yes, I know I can easily get all this info myself in perl, php, java, python, or
> c :-), but I don't want to re-invent the wheel.

It's not really much of a wheel. It's more something that'll take you less
time to do on your own than to get someone else's implementation and then
adapt it to your needs.

Other than the timestamp which your program should generate, it's all
environment variables. Here's a Perl snippet, timestamp will be innacurate
and I forgot what the 1st dash is, and I don't know if you can get the
status.

#!/usr/bin/perl
chomp($date=`/bin/date`);

# Make an accesslog-like like:
print "$ENV{REMOTE_HOST} - $ENV{REMOTE_USER} [$date]
\"$ENV{REQUEST_METHOD} $ENV{REQUEST_URI} $ENV{SERVER_PROTOCOL}\"
$status\n";

HTH

-Yaron