> But printing manuals ain't cheap either -- especially when you
> and your customers would like them to look/read better than, say, the
> RedHat 5.2 books.

I actually think the RH 5.x manuals were some of the *best* technical
documentation I've ever read. I didn't know squat about Linux, and barely
enough UNIX to know 'ls' and 'man'; and the RH 5.1 manual explained quite
clearly how the filesystem was laid out, what went where, roughly how big
partitions should be, and a vague description of each of the major packages
included in the distro.
	For the sake of that manual; it's almost worth buying the RH boxed
set. especially for a newbie. (but that's just MHO, YMMV). It was certainly
worth it for me.
	I don't know what the 7.x manuals are like; last one I looked at was
6.1 for SPARC; and it was of comparably good quality.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises