Well, if you think about it, MS has set up their entire site to be IE
specific.  If you're running a Win box try going to
windowsupdate.microsoft.com in netscape and see what happens.  They
force you to use their browser and such if you want to use their site.
Unfortunately, Netscape/AOL is getting to be the same way.  Install
Netscape 6 on a Windows box, and even if IE is set as the default
browser N6 won't let you bring up the default browser unless it's N6.
So, MSIE bad.  Netscape 6 bad.  Netscape 4.7x seems to be ok.  I'm
guilty, haven't tried Mozilla yet.