yes.. the apple airport works great with a java based config utiliy, and
the silver cards work fine too.   there are a bunch of brands that just
re-lable other cards.. like linksys, and SMC, and intel.  I recently found
a link on how to make the D-Link cards work in linux, (adjusting the
pcmcia package to make it think it's a lucent card)  but i havn't tried it
yet.

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben at nerp.net)