--- Dave Sherohman <esper at sherohman.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 10:55:50PM -0600, Carl
> Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
> > I was just trying to compile OpenOffice, and it
> turns out to need g++. my
> > shiny new Debian box only has gcc (2.95.3)
> installed; not g++.
>
> You must be tracking unstable, then?  I use testing
> and I've got 2.95.2,
> so...
>
> > so what should I do? wait a few days for some
> debian maintainer to do something about this?
> > is there a way/should I force it somehow?
>
> If you don't mind waiting, it should clear itself up
> within a day or two.
Dave,
Could you please explain, how does it clear itself up
in "a day or two"? I have not worked with Debian, only
RedHat Packages.... Is this a system function or is it
considered 'self resolving' or is it a matter of the
person who wrote being a user at a workstation, and
relying on the System Administration..? On these
points I am not clear and would like to know as I have
had trouble with trying out "Storm, rain release". Any
answer on this would be to my edification, please
reply.
Manuel... on the hybrid box...

 If