Somehow, I got lucky. I was in the right place, at the right time, at the
right price. (or something like that...)

Secondly, I can deal with Windows. At this point I have completely sworn off
using anything but Windows 2000 on servers (with the exception of the
database server that is still running NT4, and hasn't had an issue since it
went on line. If it ain't broke...) If budjeting and client hardware allowed
it, I'd probally move the workstations from NT4 to windows 2000. (Just don't
bother with Windows 9x or Me). If I can find a thin client to fill our needs
we will probally move in that direction (if I can smash some long
outstanding bugs with our main windows application anyway...) But Windows is
everywhere. Get over it, learn it. I can actually sleep at night when I
recomment Windows 2000. Win2K isn't perfect, but it's a big step in the
right direction.

The third thing I have going is on the side consulting type jobs. I started
by fixing the (very) small windows network at my dad's company when ever it
broke down (thankfully that wasn't often.) The other notable job was setting
up a Linux firewall/nat/web/mail/file server box for the St. Lawrence Newman
Center. It was all voulenteer, but probally worth mentioning. (Not one
service call yet...slick!) In the next few weeks I'll be building a windows
2000 network from the ground up for an office of 10 or so.

If somebody in your family or maybe a friend of the family needs computer
stuff done you might find some experience there. Small businesses like that
generally need some basic stuff setup, and are always concerned by cost.

The last place I found myself was ISP technical support. Most ISPs use some
form of UNIX, and need somebody between the customers and the admins (or
developers) to setup accounts and take abuse from the users.  There are
probally other helpdesk positions you can find yourself in, I could tell you
about a few local places that need someone with a clue, but you probally
don't want the names as their offices are within shooting distance of my
apartment. Muhahahahaha! (Aim the rocket at the 9th floor, center for sales,
off to the right a bit for technical support...)

If I have any other thoughts I'll let you know.

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (WEB) http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX) 132