* Steve Paltzer <spaltzer at yahoo.com> [010118 19:36]:
> pay for, No I would not want it filtered, and I belive that is my right. But at
> work, the Library, and School I would expect it to filtered.

Ok, find me a technology that blocks 100% of things I can't find in a
library, and gives me 100% of things that would be included in a
library.

It doesn't exist.  It's like asking someone to catalog the *entire*
'net.  The mechanics and spirit of the internet is that these things
exist.  People dont go around and board up an 'offensive' store because
it exists.

The High School I went to in Maple Grove never resorted to these
tactics.  They decided to educate users on how to deal with it if there
is a problem, which is that it isn't allowed... but if you do end up
there, just hit the back button, or close the browser, turn of the
monitor and ask a tech for help.  All of these are solutions that will
prevent the blockage of legit. information to people who might not have
the resources to purchase a computer or internet access.

Might just be better to have a whitelist instead.  Give them access to
sites approved for their content because people cant seem to control
themselves over that there Internet thing anymore.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> <sdier at debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos at irc.openprojects.net

"Kupo, kupkup, kupopo...  Po... Kupo!?  KUPOPO!!!
	<Chomp chomp> Kupooo."
		-Moguta (FFIX)