--- Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> wrote:

> www.peacefire.org , need I say more?

You can say more if you want... I have read some of the content at
peacefire.org, and I think they are off base. It sounds like they just want to
get ride of filtering software, instead of improve it.

I was asked to install filtering software, and that is what I am going to do.

Question. Can you get "Adult" books, magazines, or videos from the Library? No.
So why do people think they should be able to get simular content from the
Library's Internet connection. Now when it comes to the Internet connection I
pay for, No I would not want it filtered, and I belive that is my right. But at
work, the Library, and School I would expect it to filtered.

bla bla bla... I realy do not want this to turn into a big debate (I say that
after I have said my peace), but I am really interested in what Content
filtering solution I am sure some of you have had to setup.

-Steve
PS. I will have to email Akamai to let them know they are being used by
PeaceFire. Although I have to say it is a neat idea, and could be useful.
http://www.peacefire.org/bypass/Proxy/backbone.html

PPS. Sorry to send out the initial email 3 times. My Yahoo mail account was not
working correctly and I was not sure that it went until the 3rd try.