On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Scott Dier wrote:

> In many cases it looked like a year or two to 'break even'.  I still
> dont buy it tho.  It's much better to have clueful admins who can create
> a very decent framework for keeping maintanable machines, rather than
> trust an (expensive) closed source tool.

I agree with this sediment, but there's a lot of people graduating from
schools of mis-management who are taught that since labor costs are almost
always the lion's share of overhead.  The greedy ones conclude that
spending money on tools beats spending money on craftsmen.  I bet that's
who they're really marketing too -- not really clueful engineering types
like Bob!

Cheers,
Phil M

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous