The site I plan on running has a great possibility of being "slashdotted".
Not neccessarily from Slashdot, but from hardware and overclocking sites.
If I host it on my DSL, I won't be able to handle the traffic if I get
posted on one of those sites.  I could host it at work, but I think that
might not go over so well with certain people.

One of the most annoying things about commerce sites is the slowness.  I
don't want anything I run to be something that might annoy me if I was a
customer.

On a side note, I'll be running TEP for a shopping cart system.  If anyone
is looking for a sweet cart system, check out
http://www.theexchangeproject.org.

Jay