On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, Austad, Jay wrote:

> Anyone know of a good cheap place where I can colocate a server or two?  I'm
> setting up a small ecommerce site, and I don't really want to host it off my
> DSL line.  It'll be fairly low traffic, but I want to ensure I have the
> bandwidth if needed.

I'm not sure if the words "cheap" and "colo" can be used correctly in the
same sentence.  Unless you're streaming video or hosting a Red Hat mirror
I think DSL works great as colo.  It's stable, and although slow (272k up)
it's a great low-cost solution.  I colo some light/medium traffic boxen on
DSL and I've never had a problem.  I also colo a box on cable, I don't
recommend that.  I think that'll be moving to DSL soon.

So there you have it in all its glory, MHO.

-Brian