Kent Schumacher wrote:

> Does anybody have a working XFree86 4.xx with a Voodoo 3 (or Banshee?) and GL?
>
> Anybody know of any definitive links? Any advice????

It turns out the the Glide packages leave out a critical header for the XFree86
tdfx dri driver, causing the compilation of tdfx_dri.o to fail when doing make World.

To make the situation worse, make World does not stop the make process but continues
on and finally completes saying the make World worked (and of course, it does for
everything except GL).

At any rate, putting the missing glide header (G3ext.h) into the proper directory and
doing another make World, make install, makes everything work.

Running Heavy Gear II on an 800Mhz athlon seems pretty playable, although it does not
appear that fogging is working (or maybe HG2 doesn't use fogging).  Everything on the
horizon is crystal clear till it isn't.  Maybe I'm fighting on a desert planet...

Kent