Got this link from a friend inside MS. :-)

http://www.microsoft.com/msft/speech/BallmerMSDW01.htm

STEVE BALLMER: I think you have to rate competitors that threaten your core
higher than you rate competitors where you're trying to take from them. So in
some senses it puts the Linux phenomenon and the Unix phenomenon at the top of
the list. That really is job one for us, because that?s the threat to the
Windows business.  That's the threat through that to the Office business. So I'd
put the Linux phenomenon really as threat number one.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500