I managed to cobble together a patch to get NVdriver 0.9-5 working under
kernel 2.4.0 (release).  It can be grabbed from
http://www.winternet.com/~foeclan/files/nvpatch.  I tested it on kernel
2.4.0, with 0.9-5, and XFree86 4.0.1.  I managed to play Unreal
Tournament and Quake 3 with it installed, so it seems to be working ok.
Just copy it into the NVIDIA_kernel-0.9-5 and 'patch -p0 <nvpatch'.

If you have any problems with it, please let me know off-list.  I don't
have any affiliation with NVidia, and I figured it out mostly by being
persistent, so I can't guarantee much help if it doesn't work for you,
but I'll see what I can do.

Michael Vieths
Foeclan at Winternet.Com