> So what imap daemons are out there? There seems to be a few in debian
> unstable, wu-imapd, courier-imapd and plain imapd. Which one should I be
> using? Whats the difference? Do any of them do SSL?

I recommend Cyrus too.  It does both POP3 and IMAP, offers about a billion
options for authentication, runs as non-root, and keeps incoming emails in
seperate folders rather than a single spoolfile (very handy when you're trying
to locate & excise dangerous e-mails, like viruses or inadvertently e-mailed
budget reports...)

I don't know much about running IMAP over SSL, but I'm pretty sure Cyrus can
handle that.

--
Eric Hillman
UNIX Sysadmin/Webmaster