On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 04:17:36AM -0600, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> So what imap daemons are out there? There seems to be a few in debian
> unstable, wu-imapd, courier-imapd and plain imapd. Which one should I be
> using? Whats the difference? Do any of them do SSL?

Well, I dunno what deb imap packages there are, but there's no imap I know
of that "does" SSL.  Imap, like any other insecure daemon, needs to be
"wrapped" with SSL using stunnel or some other SSL wrapper.

Gabe

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    University of Minnesohta
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"No sir, I don't like it!"	- Mr. Horse in "Fire Dogs"