The only imapd I really have any expierence with is just the plain imapd.
With the sslwrap wrap package it's fairly easy to setup imap over ssl.

What little I know about courier is that you don't need a machine account
on the server to have an e-mail account and that it will do ssl without
sslwrap.

With sslwrap, any of the imap daemons should do ssl. The plain imapd
covers my needs, and handles my rather large e-mail folders just fine. :)

| Andrew S. Zbikowski       | Home: 763.591.0977 |
| http://www.ringworld.org  | Work: 763.428.9119 |
| http://www.itouthouse.com | PCS:  612.306.6055 |
|   This message is protected by double ROT13    |
|   encryption. Any attempt to circumvent the    |
|   digital protection is banned by the DMCA.    |