> Well, I do have a few suggestions:
> Topics to cover at Q1 2001 meetings. Or at least discuss it on the list.

IMO, List discussions are best followups to actual demos, since the demos
generate interest and show that things look great when they're done, and
perhaps can be achieved without too much hassle.

> Few thoughts:
>
> 3D acceleration. (Status, setup, demos, etc.)
> gpg/pgp (with a keysigning after we get everyone paranoid.)
> Filesystem review, migration, etc. (after 2.4 is final perhaps)
> General end users stuff like good system pratices. (compiling kernels and
> other sources...)
> Installation preperation (something to cover before/durring a install fest)

Great topics; any of these seem worthwhile.

Also:

 - Duplicating an installation -- e.g., if you want to keep several
   systems current with each other.

 - Specific applications, esp. those that are hard to figure out by
  intuition, such as Blender.

 - Advanced routing tricks, such as setting up a firewall to deal with
   several networks (like a wireless and wired LAN), or multihomed
   connection (e.g., if your DSL or cable goes down, automatically use PPP
   dialup).

 - Show & tell for projects that you're developing with Linux.

Andy (the other one).