On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 07:09:17AM -0600, Miller, John wrote:
>I like the idea of general user stuff.  I am still fairly new at this and
>there is a lot I don't know.  Also, preparing for installing an os including
>backup ideas and software.  I have RH7 on my system and in order to get it
>to do what I wanted I just installed everything (not real efficient) so I
>would like to reinstall it putting in only what I need.

It's not very easy to do a minimal install with the RH Installer IMHO, the GUI
takes away alot of your control.

>I would like to suggest a session on configuring X11.  Mine is working but
>it took me about 3 days to get it right.

Jeez, talk about beating a dead horse. You can walk through this in about 2
minutes barring any wierdness with your hardware (Like my vaio needing the
chipset line to neo200 as opposed to NM2160) and noone can possibly guess at
all those possibilities.

>The correct way of adding and removing software.  Using RPMs DEBs or getting
>the source and compiling on your own.
There is no right way. But I think a discussion on the merits of each might be
nice. May us debian zealots will learn some cool things about RPM. I doubt it
but hey, who knows.

Call it package managment or some such.
--
Ben Lutgens		cell: 612.670.4789
Sistina Software Inc.	work: 612.379.5941