> Couldn't you set up a sniffer on a hub connected to the SVR4 box and get the
> IP with that?  I'm sure it will send out something which will reveal the IP.
> Of course, if it's not running an FTP daemon, it won't do much good.

1. it's 10base-2 ethernet (I probably said 10b-T by mistake in my original
post)
1a. I don't have a 10b-2 cable. :)
2. even if it had an ftp daemon running, the only account I have is 'sys',
which should be listed in /etc/ftpusers, denying it access. (probably. I
don't know much about security on these old boxes, which is why I'm trying
to crack it).

> Don't quote me on any of this though, I just had a large party, and everyone
> brought lots of large bottles of tasty libations.  I may not be in the right
> frame of mind to talk about computer stuff.  :)
	sounds like a blast. :)

> Happy new year!  Now I have the munchies.  Must get food.
	Happy New Millenium! :)

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer