Couldn't you set up a sniffer on a hub connected to the SVR4 box and get the
IP with that?  I'm sure it will send out something which will reveal the IP.
Of course, if it's not running an FTP daemon, it won't do much good.

Don't quote me on any of this though, I just had a large party, and everyone
brought lots of large bottles of tasty libations.  I may not be in the right
frame of mind to talk about computer stuff.  :)

Happy new year!  Now I have the munchies.  Must get food.