Anyone seen the 3com Audrey internet appliance. http://www.3com.com/ergo

They gave us one at work a few months ago so we could develop the CBS
Marketwatch channel for it.  It runs QNX, and you don't have to buy service
from them.  You just use any old dialup ISP, or connect it to your broadband
connection via the USB ethernet adapter.

I was playing around with it, and it's actually pretty sweet.  It has about
an 8" diagonal lcd touchscreen, a cool little stylus, a mini wireless
keyboard 2 USB ports, 1 compact flash slot, you can set it on a countertop,
a table, or hang it flat on the wall like a picture.  It also has a built in
mic and speakers.  Apparently, they are planning on offering online radio
stations on it soon, so it must have enough processor power to decode MP3's.
I'm not sure what it has for a processor, but since it runs QNX, I would
assume that it's x86 compatible.

I'm thinking about picking one of these up and putting Linux on it.  I
searched at Google for other projects like this, but I couldn't find
anything.  Does anyone know of any projects like this?  Does anyone have one
of these?  There's a few on Ebay for around $350, but they are all sucky
colors (I want the black one).  Beige computer equipment looks like medical
devices.  :)

Also, http://www.qubit.net has some cool stuff coming out later this year.

Jay