"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy at veldy.net> writes:

> > Problem is I'm out of diskspace. So what do you guys say, IBM Deskstar
> > 7200RPM 75GB or Matrox 5400RPM 80GB?
> >

> Its a nit!  Maxtor sucks and IBM rules!  Besides, I would take a 7200RPM
> over a 5400RPM any day - all else considered.

I must admit I haven't had terribly good results with Maxtor drives
overall either.  Good thing I know about places *other than* Comp USA
and Micro Center (which seem to have almost nothing but Maxtor hard
drives for some reason).

I've been putting in a bunch of the WD 7200 RPM 20 gig drives, 4 in
the last couple of months.  Of course larger is better for some
things, too, but when upgrading a 2 gig web space partition on my
server, I figured 20 gig was enough!  (And I put in two of them, in a
RAID 1 mirror, just for drill).
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      dd-b at dd-b.net
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/