Hi,

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Austad, Jay wrote:

> at 21:00 vcr -p MTV -r 1860 jackass.avi

You're actually admitting to that?

> A 30 minute show ends up being about 175MB at 384x288.  So most movies will
> fit on a CDR.  Now if there was only a way to make it automatically stop
> recording during commercials.  I wonder if Broadcast 2000 can edit DivX
> files....

No, it can't. Neither can Microsoft Movie Maker that comes with WinME.

Plus, vcr's fast motion divx is giving me pretty horrible quality. I've
been using MPEG4 which is just as bad ane takes up more space, but at
least I can edit it on my wife's machine.

Problem is I'm out of diskspace. So what do you guys say, IBM Deskstar
7200RPM 75GB or Matrox 5400RPM 80GB?

-Yaron