We are using a Fasttrak with redhat 6.2 at work. It is running nicely. They are beta
drivers, but our box has been up for several weeks now with out errors. Its an
Ultra66 that I converted to a Fasttrak 66, but I think the drivers also work with
Fasttrak 100. I used the same card for about 7 months with win98 as well.

Gabe, have you ever had any problems with your escalade? This is my second one. I
have been getting oddities that I hope is not coming from my escalade 6400. I keep
getting scsi contoller drive 0 timeouts that halt the whole box. This happens at
random intervals of uptime. I moved all data to one large drive, recreated the array
with a new first drive and move the data back, and I still get the error. This is
W2k and I am running the latest bios and drivers. I havent see the error in linux
yet, but I may not have left it on long enough to see it. Also if I use Power Quest
Drive copy to copy data to the array its really really slow! Less than 10 mb/min.
When I copy data off the array to a single drive, I get 100mb/min or better.

Could be nothing, but just wondering if anyone noticed odd things with escalade's

Then I am also debating on a SCSI raid controller for a linux server. Do I go with a
cheaper mylex or do I spring for the expensive ICP Vortex?

thanks for any feedback