On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 HOEFFNER at dcmir.med.umn.edu wrote:

> I took a 100M zip disk and used fdisk to create a partition (#1 -- it chooses
> Linux type partitions). I then used mkfs to create a vfat filesystem (that way,
> I'm hoping there wouldn't be any issues with UID's). Linux will put a file on
> the disk and read it. Winders will also read the file, but the mac doesn't see
> it. The mac can write a file to it, and read it back, but back on Linux those
> files are gone (go back to the mac and they're still there) and the original
> file that was written to it is still there and readable.

So the disk has a linux partition type with a vfat filesystem on it? If
that's the case, change the partition type to some manner of FAT
partition. Mixing filesystems and partition types that don't normally go
together generally just confuses the computer.

Pacem in Terris / Mir / Shanti / Salaam / Heiwa
Kevin R. Bullock