On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 12:52:59PM -0600, Shawn Fertch wrote:
> Dug all through the system, ran a search and couldn't find anything
> closely related to this module or driver.  From the date on this, would
> think it'd be in the 2.2.16 kernel (SuSe 7.0).  There is a help file on
> the video portion of this all-in-wonder card.  Video works fine with the
> standard X-svga (I think, whatever the default is on install).  Would
> this be something I could find on sourceforge, or the like?  They're not
> showing a URL to where I could get it.

I hate to reply twice in a row to the same message, but I think
I may have missed something.

First, do you have the kernel source installed? I doubt Suse
installs it by default, but I have no experience with Suse.
So to see the driver file, you'd have to install the kernel
source package (however you do that on Suse). And then to
make use of the driver you would have to re-compile the kernel.

But hopefully, you shouldn't have to do that.  The sound
module is probably located at /lib/modules/2.2.16/misc/nm256.o
(assuming the people at Suse compiled that module for
their kernel).  You should be able to get sound by running:
  insmod soundcore
  insmod sound
  insmod nm256
and then firing up an application that uses sound and trying
it out.  If it does, work add those three modules to your
/etc/modules, and then sound will always load when you boot
up.  If this doesn't work, let us know what happens.

--
Jim Crumley                  |
crumley at fields.space.umn.edu |