I know a lot of people on the list have played with ReiserFS, so maybe some
of you have seen my problem before.  I had a few spare moments this weekend
and decided to play with the 2.4.1 kernel and ReiserFS.  I've got ReiserFS
support compiled in and I downloaded, compiled and installed the newest
reiserfs-utils.  I have a RAID and I had a have a spare 50 GB partition
laying around, so I figured, what the hell :)  Anyway, mkreiserfs went
without a hitch:

ATTENTION: ALL DATA WILL BE LOST ON '/dev/sda6'! (y/n)y
journal size 8192 (from 18)
Initializing journal - 0%....20%....40%....60%....80%....100%
Syncing..done.

but I can't mount the drive

# mount /dev/sda6 /mnt/reiser
mount: /dev/sda6 has wrong major or minor number

When I look at this partition in fdisk, it has a ext2 type (because I set
it that way at one point), and there is no option to set the label to
ReiserFS.

Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Gabe

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    University of Minnesohta
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"If a god of love and life ever did exist, he's long since dead...
 Someone, some _thing_, rules in his place."