Here's all that I remember, in theory this should be all the right
settings...

Note that I'm giving you the configs because:
I'm feeling generous
I happend to have them all handy
and finially,
I can't find the HOWTO I used to get this all working in the first place.
So enjoy the freebie but remember it's probally in your best interest to
figure out how to do this on your own. :)

this is all the lines uncommented in my /etc/isapnp.conf:

(READPORT 0x0273)
(ISOLATE PRESERVE)
(IDENTIFY *)
(VERBOSITY 2)
(CONFLICT (IO FATAL)(IRQ FATAL)(DMA FATAL)(MEM FATAL)) # or WARNING
(CONFIGURE CTL00e4/527652465 (LD 0
 (INT 0 (IRQ 5 (MODE +E)))
 (DMA 0 (CHANNEL 1))
 (DMA 1 (CHANNEL 7))
 (IO 0 (SIZE 16) (BASE 0x0220))
 (IO 1 (SIZE 2) (BASE 0x0330))
 (IO 2 (SIZE 4) (BASE 0x0388))
 (NAME "CTL00e4/527652465[0]{Audio               }")
 (ACT Y)
))

(CONFIGURE CTL00e4/527652465 (LD 1
 (IO 0 (SIZE 8) (BASE 0x0200))
 (NAME "CTL00e4/527652465[1]{Game                }")
 (ACT Y)
))

(CONFIGURE CTL00e4/527652465 (LD 2
 (IO 0 (SIZE 4) (BASE 0x0620))
# PNPDUMP doesn't detect IO 1 and IO 2
# so you have to add them manually
 (IO 1 (SIZE 4) (BASE 0x0a20))
 (IO 2 (SIZE 4) (BASE 0x0e20))
 (NAME "CTL00e4/527652465[2]{WaveTable           }")
 (ACT Y)
))

NOTE!: The IO 1 and IO 2 lines are not properly detected by a pnpdump, and
thus you have to add them manually IF you want MIDI. You'll also have to
get the sfxload utility to load the sound fonts. (Simple as
/usr/bin/sfxload /usr/src/awedrv/SYNTHGS.SBK) the SBK file should be on
your Windows driver CD. I probally have it around yet if you can't find
it.

After the card successfully plugs and plays you'll need to configure the
modules. If your system uses modutils:
cd /etc/modutils
touch awe64
Edit awe64 to look like this:

alias net-pf-4 off
alias net-pf-5 off
alias char-major-14 sb
alias synth0 awe_wave
alias char-major-14-1 opl3
options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=7
options opl3 io=0x388

then run
update-modules && depmod -a

If your system doesn't use modutils, you have to edit /etc/conf.modules or
/etc/modules.conf and add the above lines, then depmod.

You should be good to go with sound.

Man, PCI sound cards sure are nice. modprobe emu10k1 and off you go....

| Andrew S. Zbikowski       | Home: 763.591.0977 |
| http://www.ringworld.org  | Work: 763.428.9119 |
| http://www.itouthouse.com | PCS:  612.306.6055 |
|   This message is protected by double ROT13    |
|   encryption. Any attempt to circumvent the    |
|   digital protection is banned by the DMCA.    |