I hope this gets posted to the same thread...

>Umm, what are you using for a printer daemon?

lpd

>Is windows connecting to the printers via samba or lpd?

samba (good eye)

>...add a second printer of the same type...

I did this (and created a second remote printer), but the filtered printout
still goes to the printer specified as the remote printer in /etc/aspfilterrc.ljet4.  Any idea on how I can get the second printer to look
at a different aspfilterrc file for the remote printer?

>To get filtering working I use the lpd_bounce option in lprng.
I've never used lprng, but I'm willing to give it a try if it will give me more
than 1 remote printer and filtering at the same time!

Thanks for the advice.

- Thomas