I'm running S.u.S.E. 6.1 with apsfilter (docs say it is based on apsfilter 4.9).  I need to setup my linux box to print to multiple network printers, and I need to be able to use the apsfilter for all of them so I can get the documents from the DOS applications to print in the right format (different users, different departments, same <insert appropriate adjectives here> DOS).  So far, I've managed to setup 1 remote printer with a "filtering queue" and in the aspfilterrc.ljet4 file, set the remote printer value to the entry in printcap.  I can "net use" the filtering queue and get the formatted printout, or I can "net use" the remote printer queue, and get the unformatted prinout.

Now I am stuck.  Does anyone know how I can setup another LJ4 (different IP address) and "filtering queue" on the linux box so I can choose which printer I want and still get it to filter?  If not, can anyone tell me how I can get the aspfilterrc.ljet4 file to let me choose which remote remote printer to use?  I would rather not have to setup a linux box for every printer in the company - on the other hand I would rather do that than setup anything begining with "MS."  ;o)

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Also, please post responses to the newsgroup.  Unsolicitated emails are deleted without opening.

Thanks in advance.

- Thomas