Philip C Mendelsohn wrote:

> Additional condition:  The computer has to operate afterward.  Sorry, the
> catapult and rail guns are a different contest.

But there are so many definitions of `operate' ;-)  An appropriately
talented hacker would be able to just use `debug' to write some bytes to
the boot sector and get the system to erase itself and then come up with
a rudimentary prompt (which probably wouldn't do anything..)

If by `operate' you mean that the system has to be capable of real user
interaction, you'd probably have to go the route of `format c: /s/q',
though I don't know how well that works on today's multi-gigabyte
drives..

If you want Linux, it'd take quite a few tricks that would depend
heavily upon the tools that you have available to you.  IMHO, the real
challenge would be to see how long it takes you to install a working
piece of linux (just a bash prompt is fine by me) from a stock Win2k
system.  No floppies and no CDs, though I'll let you have an Internet
connection.  But, that might be a little too hard...  Might have to be
nice and give you a blank floppy or two..

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   If you think nobody cares
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   about you, try missing a