Well, here is the progress of the battle so far.  I like the
little prompt they give me about sort of computer I'm supposed
to have (IBM based or Mac based).  It kind of tells you who
they are used to dealing with.

I'd encourage everyone to get in the act.  I really don't want
to be left out in the cold for convenient access to government
services.  I've spent way too much time waiting in endless
lines...

Here's how to get involved:

Start your browser
Surf to www.dps.state.mn.us/autolicense.
Press the credit card button.

Restart your browser
Surf to www.dps.state.mn.us/autolicense.
Send an nice e-mail to the convenient e-mail address on the page.

DVS Motor Vehicles wrote:

> Thank you for contacting Driver and Vehicle Services,
>
> We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. While most transactions
> are being completed successfully, a few customers have informed us that they
> experienced problems when using their credit cards or with the routing
> number for ACH transactions. Our technicians are looking into the matter.
> In order to help us determine where the errors are occurring, we would
> greatly appreciate any additional information that you can provide. This
> includes the following:
>
> What type of computer is being used? (IBM based or Mac based)

It fails both on Linux running on a Pentium and Solaris running on
a Sparc

> What type of browser is being used? (Internet Explorer or Netscape)

Netscape 4.61, Netscape 4.72, Netscape 4.75, and Mozilla M7

> Where did the problem occur when using our Internet renewal web site?

I surf to http://www.dps.state.mn.us/autolicense, this automatically
forwards me to http://www.dps.state.mn.us/dvs/renewTest/Renewal/home.asp,
I then press the [credit card] button, and my browser either does nothing
(Mozilla), or blows out (Netscape).

> What problem did you encounter?

I press the [credit card] button, and my browser either does nothing