> I'm just trolling for console newsreader suggestions. I know there are
> plenty of standard packages out there and I figure people have already
> tried a few. If you know how to get pine to do news that's a bonus.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Joshua b. Jore

once upon a time I tried out a bunch of them... turns out they all sucked.
:( they probably worked well enough back in the day when you actually *read*
news, rather than just leeching/posting mp3s; and the news server was
probably the same multiuser system that you were logged into; but they
aren't multithreaded, and the user interfaces leave a lot to be desired. :(

I think the best thing to do would be to take Pan (the only really good
freenix newsreader); and build some sort of ncurses front-end to it.

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises