On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 12:14:50PM -0600, shawn wrote:
> However, when I go to ping something, I can't get a response back.  I get "network
> resource not available"  On a reboot, I get the error message: SIOCSIFFLAGS
> resource temporarily unavailable" or something like that.  I can't ping from either
> card, or to either internal or external network addresses.
>
> Ideas?  They're 3c905b cards.  One is an isa, the other pci 10Mb.

Sounds to me like your kernel might not have the appropriate driver
installed.  Are you using the stock kernel of have you built your
own?  (Much as I love Debian, I've never used the stock kernels for
longer than it took me to make bzImage.  Over on the debian-user
list, there are a lot of people who swear by the wonders of
make-kpkg, but I cut my teeth on Slackware some years back and
building kernels the old-fashioned way is just so easy...)

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss