On Saturday 29 December 2001 11:19, you wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 02:50:43AM -0600, Peter Clark wrote:
> > Now, the whole point of reinstalling Windows was so that I could view the
> > contents of my fat-format Zip disk.
>
> Uhm, you should be able to look at your fat-format Zip disk under
> Linux without too much hassle.  I'd imagine (v)fat support is
> compiled in (or a module) for every distro's default kernel. And
> as far as I know Zip disks have been fully supported for quite a
> while (though I have no first hand knowledge - I avoid those
> things like the plague).

	Thanks, but as I explained earlier, for some strange reason, my Linux box
does not read fat fs Zip disks. It does (just to compound the weirdness) read
vfat fs Zip disks. Also, I compiled my kernel to read both fat and vfat file
systems. Very weird. Actually, I suspect that it's a problem with the Zip
disk itself. As I recall, it was formated on a Mac in fat format, and when I
examined it in Windows, I had to run scandisk on it to correct some errors.
Eventuallly, I'll wipe it completely and put a ext2 fs on it and see how that
works.
	:Peter