Santa gave me a $25 gift certificate to Best Buy, and while BB gives me that
itchy, burning feeling, I thought I might as well use it. Since I'm getting
tired of that crackling sound that the on-board audio makes, a real sound
card would be nice. I went to Best Buy last night and spotted two
possibilities: a Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 PCI and Sound Blaster PCI
512. My question is this: is there any compelling reason to pay $20 more for
the 512? Also, the 512 uses the emu10k1 driver--if memory serves, weren't
there issues with the driver in the kernel?
	TIA,
	:Peter