On Sun, 23 Dec 2001 18:49:03 -0600
"Peter Clark by way of Peter Clark <peter-clark at tides.com>"
<peter-clark at tides.com> wrote:

> 	Ok, I'm desperate. I've sunk to a record low. I need to turn my
current > Lexmark Z51 paperweight into something useful...like a printer.
> 	I've tried everything I can think of, and yet it still doesn't
print! I > don't want to get a new printer, because I am not entirely sure
that the > problem is not with my system. If you're willing to have a go
at it, write > back ASAP!

Heck yeah, I'll have a go at it.

What have you done so far? Is the kernel properly set up for parallel port
& printer support? Is CUPS set up and running properly? Have you gotten
the CUPS-o-matic backend filter and ppd file for the Z51?

Let me know what you know..

          -.bill.layer.- .-frogtown.mn.usa.-

.-Microsoft.Windows.XP.- -.suddenly.everything.sucks-.