A few questions I have after I installed Debian Potato 2.2r4 for a
firewall/gateway machine:

1)  How do I get the second NIC card up for my external IP address?  I know
it's something similar to this: " ifconfig eth1 address <IP#> netmask <mask
#> broadcast <bc#> "   Also, how do I get it to stay in case the system needs
to be rebooted?  Do I add it to rc.local?

2)  For ip-chains and ip-filter, what packages do I need to install?  Someone
mentioned it once before, but I haven't had a chance to dig through the
archives to try and find it.  Also, I saw some of these options when I first
started the install, but I wasn't exactly certain as to which one I needed,
so I left it alone and didn't select any.

I have some other questions as well, but I'll wait until I get these things
figured out first.  I'm also reading the "Learning Debian GNU/Linux" book by
O'Reilly but it's taking some time to get through it all as well....

Thanks for any help I can get on this.  My apologies for being some simple
questions that I or someone have asked before.  Unfortunately, I haven't had
the chance to go through the archives to search.

Shawn