There will certainly be more competent respondents than me, but I'll offer
my two cents.

I'm impressed with IBM's work. Big Blue has always been forward looking and
of the highest quality. Their efforts to develop (and train others to
develop) Linux are very professional. I visited their many Linux
development forums a few times and was encouraged to proceed beyond my
skill level.