On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 09:36:58PM -0500, DCsk8r34 at aol.com wrote:
> Hello, I have Mandrake Linux 8.1 on my machine with Windows 98 also. When I go through the installation of Linux it all goes good untill configuring the color for xwindows. After I pick the colors and settings for my monitor I click "ok". After that it goes to a black screen that says:
>
> "insmod:a module named scsi_mod already exists
> /tmp/imm.o:int_module:no such device
> /tmp/ppa.o:int_module:no such device"
<snip>

looks like something other than X is at fault here. rather than try to go
through a complicated debugging/fixing process; I'm going to advise that the
simple answer is, to try another distro.

get a copy of redhat 7.2; see if that will install.

if that too fails; then we try other things. :)

best answer would be to bring it to an installfest; but it may be a while
until the next one, since the last one was not too long ago.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises