On Fri, 2001-12-21 at 22:46, Dan Drake wrote:

> One thing about which I'm concerned is poisoning the razor system.
> Based on some goofing around, it seems that the signature that razor
> computes is based only on the body of the message. What's to prevent
> someone from submitting, say, a TCLUG message to the razor system,
> preventing other razor-using TCLUG members from seeing the message?

I _believe_ the signature is based on the entire mail and not just the
headers. So it wouldn't stop you from getting another mail from a given
poster, but it will prevent you from getting the same mail again. So the
way it works is that the first person to submit a signature for say....a
toner spam.... would prevent any other razor-check users from getting
that particular spam.

Since all the posts to the list are "new" or should be, this shouldn't
cause a problem since theoretically we should all get the mail at
approximately the same time (barring one of Bob's wicked LKML
injections, or your ISP's mailserver downtime)

--
Ben Lutgens
Sistina Software Inc.