On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 09:08:44AM -0600, Timothy Wilson wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Santa's going to be delivering a domain name and little Web page to my
> parents this year. There's starting up a very small business and I
> noticed that the domain name was available and registered it. I plan to
> host a little Web page on my home server for them and I'm hoping to be
> able to handle some email with that domain as well.
>
> I've got a single static IP from Visi and I know that I can do
> name-based virtual hosting with Apache for the Web page. I'm wondering
> about the email though. My current domain is qwerk.org and I can send
> and receive mail through there. Can I, using a single IP address, get
> Postfix to handle email transparently for littlecreektrees.com as well?

Coming in it's easy: append littlecreektrees.com to "mydestination" in
/etc/postfix/main.cf .

Going out it's trickier: if that box handles email only for
littlecreektrees.com then add "myorigin = littlecreektrees.com" and
"append_at_myorigin = yes" to /etc/postfix/main.cf . That is called "trivial
rewrite".

If that box has to handle more mailhosts then... I don't know but for
sure it can be done.

florin

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4